Visit us at Schaeffergaarden
Meetings and conferences
Food that is both delicious and provides energy for your meeting
A unique location for lifes great events
Cozy rooms – our grounds are a green oasis to relax in
Receive news, invitations and offers with our monthly newsletter.
Schæffergaarden is a Nordic Hotel and Conference Center, owned by the Foundation for Danish-Norwegian Cooperation. The Foundation was established in 1946 as a result of the Danes Aid to Norway during the Second World War.
- 1941-1945 ”Norways Help” sends clothes and food to Norway.
- 1946 The Foundation for Danish-Norwegian Cooperation is established on 1 March, 1946. The objective was to preserve the connection between the two countries.
- 1947 The Foundation is presented with Lysebu, a gift from the grateful Norwegian Folk
- 1951 Schæffergaarden is utilized as a host for Norwegian Stipendiates in Denmark.
- 1956 Schæffergaarden expands to become a conference center.